- 1 (4 lb. 12 oz.) Box of Borax-found in the detergent aisle
- 1 (3 lb. 7 oz.) Box of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda-found in the detergent aisle
- 1 (3 lb.) Container of OxyClean-found in the detergent aisle. (This is optional, but I highly recommend adding it.)
- 2 (14.1 oz.) Bars of Zote Soap-found in the detergent aisle (you can also use Fels Naptha)
- 1 (4 lb.) Box of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda-found in the cooking aisle
- 1 (55 oz.) Bottle of Purex Crystals Fabric Softener-found in the detergent aisle (this is optional, but I like the smell) - See more at: http://www.jackolanternfarm.com/2013/01/12/connies-corner-laund
DirectionsThe hardest part is grating the bars of soap. You can use a hand grater or a food processor.
Then you mix it all together in a big bucket. I used a 5 gallon bucket to mix it in. This takes some time. Start mixing it a little at a time and keep adding to it. This does not make suds.
It also does a good job in cold water. I have an old washing machine, but it is supposed to work in the new HE machines. You use 1 – 2 tablespoons per load.
I have been using this for a little over 2 months and I am very happy with it. I found this on Pinterest. This cost about $40.00 to make. The lady that posted this said she did 6 loads a week and it lasted her a year. I do more laundry than that. I will let you know how long it lasts me. This makes a lot. I kept my Purex bottle to put my detergent in. I just fill it up when it is empty.