- 12 slices bacon
- 2/3 cup margarine
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 cups milk
- 4 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed**
- 4 green onions, chopped** (I like to use more onions)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
DirectionsPlace bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat until browned. Drain, crumble and set aside.
In a stock pot or Dutch oven, melt the margarine over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly until thickened. Stir in potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.
**We have these at Jack-O-Lantern Farms this week.